Finally, 2 weeks after I’d planned, I got a chance to fiddle around with Anabelle’s dress pattern and sew up a new one. Unfortunately, it only managed to underline the fact that I have a much better handle on fabric design than pattern design (or sewing, for that matter!) and I should really just stick to what I know. I did resolve the main issue – the armholes – by finishing with bias tape, and I reduced the volume a bit, but it still isn’t a great pattern. Plus, it really needs some matching bloomers! If anyone is interested, I’ll make a pdf of the pattern and give a little tutorial of my method (such as it is), but you may want to add your own modifications.
In other news, the studio has been super busy this past week! I’m finishing up two new collections and will be sending them off for printing soon. Hopefully I’ll have strike-offs to show before too long! Also, I signed up for Holly Becker’s (of Decor8 blog fabulousness), Blogging Your Way class, so hopefully will be spiffing things up around the blog here soon.
Have a great long weekend!