Today’s soup is a really hearty and delicious leek and potato soup. I changed it up a bit and added yams to this one… tasty!
Leek and Potato Soup
5 medium yukon gold potatoes
1 medium yam
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large leeks (white parts only), sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 quart chicken (or veggie) stock
1 cup milk
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Heat the butter or oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
3. Dice the potatoes and add to the pot.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
5. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Partially cover pot and cook for about 1/2 hour, or until the potatoes are very soft.
6. Add the milk and adjust seasoning. Add extra milk for a thinner soup.
7. Puree in a food processor
8. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley
Leave a Reply